In this episode:
- Don’t forget to become a Theodio Premier Subscriber. Offer ends when 2020 comes to a close.
- An exclusive recording of one of my favorite personal works of writing
- A reminder that this is the second part of a three-part series on repentance
- Extra post: The seven marks of true repentance
- Podcast introduction: Yabo Obien
- Logo and marque: Jeff Lyons at Light & Story
- Original music: Makeup and Vanity Set
- Kindle version of Precious Remedies against Satan’s Devices by John Hendryx at Monergism.com
- Text for Precious Remedies provided by GraceGems.org
Welcome back to the Theodio Podcast. I’m your host, Dan Kassis.
Our previous episode was a long one. That’s because Thomas Brooks spent a lot of text explaining how to overcome the temptation to sin because we can just repent again so easily. And in the second remedy against that temptation he talked about the true nature of repentance, what it is and what it isn’t.
I thought the depth of his writing was fascinating here and deserved a closer look. So I wrote a blog post just about that part of the book. It’s called The Seven Marks of True Repentance. And I hope you don’t mind my saying this, but it’s honestly one of my favorite things I’ve ever written.
I’ll link to the post in the show notes for this episode. But this time, instead sharing a segment from the book, I’m going to read my full blog post right here. It won’t be in the audiobook. This is a Theodio Podcast exclusive.
Here we go.
Wow, doesn’t it feel great to know we have such a strong weapon in our spiritual arsenal? Repentance truly is a gift. Let’s use it wisely. And often.
It’s back to the book next time. We’re only halfway through device 6, so we’ll finish that part and learn the final four remedies against Satan’s attack on repentance.
Please join us then. And thank you for being part of our journey.